These articles are published in the Slough Town FC programme. The Rebels play in the National League South in a swanky new ground. I’ve been supporting Slough since the beginning of time despite now living in Brighton.

Friday, July 29, 2022

THERE'S ONLY ONE SEAN FRASER

Printed in his testimonial game programme Sunday 10th July 2022

He’s helped us win two promotions, two trips to the FA Cup 2nd round, won managers young player of the season and the Kevin McGoldrick Award. He’s been part of the team that bought the Rebels back home and holding our own in the National League South. With ten seasons under his belt he is in the top 10 player appearances in our history.

So for the final time in a Slough shirt, we give you Sean Fraser.

Born in Ascot, 31 year old Sean is a plumber married with two boys aged 2 and 5 months. His Former clubs are Coventry City U18s/23s, Banbury and Slough Town who he joined in August 2012.


Why did you stay at Slough so long?


I’ve stayed at Slough for a number of reasons. During my time the club was always looking to get promoted or be in the play offs each season. It always felt like a big club in the league when I first joined, so to be a part of a team that should be winning games was exciting.

Location. I have moved in the last couple of years but I could get to training in under 10 minutes when we moved to Arbour Park so that was a big bonus! Also a well run club with a good group of players each season, made going into training and playing games enjoyable.’


Your 3 favourite Slough games and why


The 1st round FA Cup match at Gainsborough, the build up and match itself everything just fell into place. To be able to score and set up a goal in such a big performance by the whole team, with the celebrations during and after the game I will always remember.

'Kettering play off final win. To come back the way we did in the second half, as at one point I thought it wasn’t going to be possible, away from home was a great moment in a Slough shirt. That was a really good group of players and people that felt more like mates at times going out each game. The celebrations after weren’t bad either!

'Kings Lynn play off final win. To get promoted for the second time at the club through the play offs, after missing out the season before was a big achievement. Going behind again in such a big game isn’t ideal but with the players we had and the form of the team I just felt we were going to get it done. Then Manny gets the ball in the box… and the rest is history!’


Your best season


I can’t remember all of them to be honest but the first season we moved into Arbour Park and I was captain that season made it one to remember for me personally. I managed to stay fit and play in every game and we reached the play offs, it just wasn’t to be that year.’

Any dirt on our managers! Or how come they get so much loyalty and players want to come back and play for them?

The managers are great people firstly, very honest and you know where you stand with them so it makes playing for them and the club a good place to play your football. You hear of some managers and clubs dealing with players a certain way and I always thought I’m glad I’m at Slough!

Back when I first joined there would have been some stories on nights out as there seemed to be one every week but it’s a lot more professional these days!’


What are you going to do with your Saturdays now?


My Saturdays so far have been spent with my family; holidays, days out, swimming lessons with my eldest & a little bit of golf. I’ve had a bit of interest over the summer break from other clubs which is great so I may not be hanging the boots up just yet!’


And Finally


Can I just say thanks to everyone that has made this day possible. All the volunteers, the players/managers, those who have helped with the raffle prizes. Also to everyone that has come out to support me today, I feel very lucky to have been a part of this club for 10 years and wish it all the success in the future! Up the Rebels!

Thanks, Sean Fraser.’


I’m sure I can speak for every Slough supporter and say thank you Sean for your loyalty and your part in making the past ten years so memorable. 

Once a Rebel, Always a Rebel.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home